Plenary is a place where resolutions can be written and presented by any member of the Association (undergraduate student body), and seek out student support on the issue their resolution raises.
Plenary is held twice during the academic year (once each semester) on a Sunday.
Quorum is required to vote and approve resolutions. Quorum is 1/3 of the Association (usually about 430 students).
Resolutions can fall into 5 categories:
- Constitutional amendment
- Recommendation to admin
- Ratification of school policy
- Override decision made in Assembly
- Creation/amendment of campus-wide policies
Resolutions being considered for Spring Plenary 2013 include:
- Reaffirmation of the Constitution
- Community Presentation of Honor Board Abstracts
- Financial Transparency